This policy sets out the basis on which we will process personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as a result of your use of our website or services. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data Privacy Notice
THE ITALIAN HOGFATHERS LTD
In May 2018, regulations surrounding how companies and organisations can hold your personal data changed. This Notice tells you how we handle your Personal Data and the rights you have, when we hold it. This Notice is intended to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR) which governs how Personal Data is processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We are always happy to explain anything which this Notice does not make clear to you.
WHO ARE WE?
THE ITALIAN HOGFATHERS LTD. Our registered address is 38 STOMPITS ROAD, HOLYPORT, MAIDENHEAD, BERKSHIRE, SL6 2LE. You will find our contact details at the end of this Notice.
We are the “data controller” for the purposes of GDPR. This means that we decide how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal Data is data that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. We might be able to identify you from the data itself or by linking that data to other information we have access to. GDPR tells us how we must process your Personal Data.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We comply with our obligations under GDPR in the following ways:
• By keeping Personal Data up to date;
• By storing and destroying it securely;
• By not collecting or retaining unnecessary or excessive amounts of data;
• By protecting Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
• By ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect Personal Data.
WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
We collect contact details via the website for the purposes of providing a service to existing and potential clients. We will never disclose personal details without the consent of the owner.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Our legal basis for processing your Personal Data is legal contract, for example provision of quotation prior to contract, service discussion and invoicing.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with people/organisations whose services are required in order to provide the services we offer. We will not share your Personal Data with any third party agencies nor will we use your personal information for marketing purposes. Any information given to us via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform is only accessible by us, Laura and Roberto Di Cioccio.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your Personal Data for as long as you are a customer. After this time, we will keep your information for no longer than we reasonably need. Usually, this will be for a period of 6 years in order to meet our obligations to the HMRC and any case of any legal claims or complaints.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless we have an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your
Personal Data: -
• The right to request a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you, without any charge.
• The right to request that we correct any Personal Data found to be inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request that your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it.
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing we carry out at any time.
• The right to request that we provide you with your Personal Data and, where possible, to send that data directly to another data controller.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your Personal Data, to ask us to restrict further processing.
• The right to object to the processing of Personal Data.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office and to seek legal recourse.
If we wish to use your Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use. We will do this before we start processing for the new use. We will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
RETENTION AND DELETION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it, typically 6 years. For specific information about our record retention policies, please contact us.
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulations. Please make any such request via email to
If you have a problem, complaint or, if there is something you don’t understand, please contact us first.
The Italian Hogfathers Ltd. Tel: 07846475916.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s office directly on 0303 123 1113 or via their website (www.ico.org.uk). This website has further information about your rights and obligations.